Seabourn: new features on board the fleet
Seabourn Cruise Line, the world’s top ultra-luxury cruise line, has introduced a variety of new onboard features and enhanced amenities to elevate the guest experience aboard its fleet of ultra-luxury ships.
We’re always thinking of new and more innovative ways to make sure we deliver the best luxury hospitality experience to our guests,” said Gerald Mosslinger, senior vice president of Guest Operations at Seabourn. “Over the past 18 months, we’ve been reviewing our onboard amenities and services, from cuisine to entertainment to technology, and guests will find even more ways we’re creating memorable Seabourn Moments.”
Seabourn Cruise Line has already received many prestigious awards and accolades for the travel experience it offers, but the brand is going even further by developing new and improved services in eight areas. In detail:
1. Enhanced food and beverage offerings: new recipes and culinary offerings in a variety of locations await guests on their next trip. Start your day with Breakfast at The Patio, which offers another morning option outdoors by the pool with a daily menu of items and lighter meals, including vegan, vegetarian and veggie options, freshly made juices and classic breakfast dishes. For pre-dinner appetizers, The Club now features a revamped cocktail hour, offering a new creative menu of small bites that changes daily, live music and enhanced playlists, with the fun extending to the outdoor deck space immediately outside.
2. Four New and Enhanced Entertainment Offerings including an exciting new production show on Seabourn Ovation, Latin Quarter, showcasing the dances and music of Latin America, and Serenade, a classical music concert on deck during sailing away events.
3. Seabourn Source: the new app available for Apple or Android, which offers the ability to view the day’s events on screen, pre-order a fresh cappuccino or latte at Seabourn Square and make reservations at dining options including Thomas Keller’s The Grill. The mobile app also allows guests to retrieve digital boarding passes to expedite the boarding process, and prepare required health assessments for each member of their party prior to boarding. Within Source, guests can use Uncorkd to access comprehensive lists of hundreds of wines or learn about different varieties during onboard wine classes.
4. New all-inclusive free Wi-Fi: Seabourn has tripled onboard bandwidth for guests and Wi-Fi service is now free, with unlimited minutes for all bookings on every ship, making it easier for guests to stay connected while traveling with Seabourn. The service provides unlimited access to browsing, email and social media. Guests who need additional bandwidth for multiple devices, video streaming or cloud storage services can upgrade their package for a nominal service fee.
5. New Housekeeping Teams: the onboard housekeeping team will now consist of a two-person team serving each suite. Both the suite host and suite attendant will serve their assigned suites according to Seabourn’s highest standards, ensuring that every guest preference is met and striving to exceed their expectations throughout the voyage.
6. Streamlined boarding process: Seabourn has simplified and automated the check-in process with “mBark” which allows guests to board faster. Including the mobile boarding pass, guests are now provided with a specific assigned boarding time. The electronic boarding pass is scanned upon their arrival at the terminal and once on board they will be escorted directly to their suites, which will already be set up, allowing them to settle in and start enjoying their vacation right away.
7.”e-Mustering”: Seabourn has redesigned safety briefings into an e-mustering process where guests can complete the safety briefing from the comfort of their suite by watching the mandatory safety video on their TV. Guests must then visit the designated muster station anytime between boarding and 30 minutes prior to the ship’s departure and listen to the captain’s announcement.
8.Health and Safety: Seabourn, with the support of a medical committee, has implemented a holistic approach to health and safety designed to provide travelers with increased safety and comfort. Protocols include pre-cruise testing, verification of vaccination status, onboard screening, enhanced levels of cleanliness and other steps to help travelers feel safe while on board.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel. The all-inclusive boutique ships offer all-suite accommodations with ocean views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; a pedigree in expedition travel through the Ventures by Seabourn program; and two new ultra-luxurious, purpose-built expedition ships arriving in 2022 and 2023. Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe, visiting more than 400 ports including major cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also an official partner of UNESCO World Heritage Cruises.