Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By using this website, you expressly agree and warrant, that your use of the website will be fully compliant with the Conditions set out below and that you will not violate the rights of any other person nor contravene applicable laws.
Furthermore, you expressly agree to release cruisingjournal.com from any or all responsibilities against any person arising from your inappropriate use of the Website that does not comply with these Terms.
You certify to be thirteen years of age or older and that you are legally capable of using this Website in full compliance with all the Conditions set forth herein.
1) USE OF THE SITE: Access to the Site is subject to registration (or an anonymous registration) and all contents can be used freely; the aforementioned registration guarantees that the users can publish their own reviews and participate in the forum, as well as use optional tools to manage their own personal experiences.
2) SENDING REVIEWS
cruisingjournal.com is pleased to receive feedbacks from our travelers and we appreciate their contribution to the portal. In the same way, we also want our website to be a reliable source for our community.
To help us with this goal and to get your review published, please ensure that your reviews are always:
- a) Suitable for all possible users: com will not publish and it will delete reviews written in offensive or inappropriate language. The same applies to those reviews that contain sexual content, hate speech, bias, threats, and personal insults. Please write comments that are suitable for everyone.
- b) Helpful to travelers: Write reviews that are relevant and helpful to travelers. Keep in mind that those reading your review want to know what kind of experience to expect from the cruise. For this reason, do not include personal insults, attempts to discredit a Company and/or the services they offer as well as personal opinions about politics, ethics, religion, or other social issues.
cruisingjournal.com does not accept reviews that promote intolerance to people or groups of people based on race, sex, religion, sexual preference, or nationality.
- c) Non-commercial: By sending a review, you accept and declare that you are not in any way affiliated with the company being reviewed and that you do not have a work relationship with it.
The reviews serve to offer advice to other travelers and not to promote services or businesses. Do not include commercial or promotional contents of any kind. Reviews offered in exchange for personal benefits, such as gifts, services or money, will be removed. cruisingjournal.com reserves the right to reject specific contents for any reason. We do not accept reviews that contain links to external websites, except those belonging personally to our users and containing photographic contents that will complete and implement the reviews inserted.
- d) Respectful of privacy: We respect the right to privacy of the users and businesses present on the portal. We want to remind you not to disclose any personal data or that of others, for example access codes or passwords of any kind. Reviews that include personal financial information, such as credit card numbers, loyalty rewards codes, or other financial information will be removed. This rule applies to both the data of the reviewer and the data of third parties.
- e) Firsthand experiences: By submitting a review you acknowledge that com only accepts reviews that regard direct and firsthand experiences and that it does not accept reviews written in exchange for payment or incentives of any kind.
By registering to this website, you agree that your review will be subject to the unconditioned validation of cruisingjournal.com, which reserves the right to publish, remove, or edit the text without changing its meaning.
2.2. REVIEWS OR FRAUDULENT COMMENTS
Any attempt to mislead the travelers or to assume identities other than one’s own will be considered a fraudulent act and subject to penalties.
The following activities, provided only by way of example and not in any way exhaustive, will be considered fraudulent:
- Writing a review for a business or property that one owns, manages or shares financial interest in.
- Contacting any optimization company, marketing organization or third party to submit reviews.
- Pretending to be a guest.
- Offering incentives such as discounts, room upgrades or any other special treatments in exchange for reviews.
- Asking friends or relatives to write positive reviews.
- Sending reviews on behalf of guests.
- Copying content from comment cards and submitting them as traveler reviews.
- Selectively soliciting reviews by e-mail, surveys or other means, only from guests who have had a positive experience.
- Pressuring travelers to remove a negative review.
- Prohibiting or discouraging guests from posting negative or critical reviews about their experience.
2.3 COMMENTS, MESSAGES AND CHATS IN THE FORUM
cruisingjournal.com allows its registered users to post or submit comments, as well as post messages or use other means of communication in the chat room or forum. The user expressly agrees to use these designated areas exclusively to send Messages, pertaining to the topic being discussed, at the same terms and conditions as for the publication of the reviews. cruisingjournal.com can check the edition of all Messages published on the Forum, including those present in all the chat rooms and it shall not in any case take responsibility for such User Messages. cruisingjournal.com reserves the right to delete, at its sole discretion, without notice, User Messages and/or Contents of the Website.
As for the reviews, cruisingjournal.com reserves the right to change the content of the following list at any time, at its own discretion, as well as to investigate and take appropriate legal action against those who violate these provisions. Included, only by way of example, is the removal of an offensive expression and the termination of the user’s right to use the Website. The list includes User Messages that:
- are clearly offensive to the community, for example, comments that promote racism, fanaticism, hatred or even physical violence against any group or individual;
- harass or encourage the harassment of any person;
- forward commercial advertisement, unsolicited e-mails or “spamming”;
- contain abusive or defamatory content;
- contain information that the user knows to be false, misleading, or that promotes illegal activities or abusive, threatening or obscene conduct;
- provide instructions relating to illegal activities including, for example, the manufacture or illegal sale of weapons, the violation of the right to privacy of others, or the creation of computer viruses;
- constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise would be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party in any country in the world;
- constitute a commercial and/or sales activity without our prior written consent, such as tenders, lotteries, exchanges, advertising, and pyramid sales.
2.4. REPORTING INAPPROPRIATE REVIEWS OR MESSAGES:
If you suspect a review is fraudulent or does not comply with the above Terms & Conditions related to its publication, use the “Report a review” function found at the end of each review. Report only reviews that violate the Terms. Do not report a review just because you do not approve its content or you do not like it. cruisingjournal.com does not intervene in case of disputes regarding specific factual issues between businesses and clients, as there are no specific procedures that can establish who is right about a given service being offered.
3) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
cruisingjournal.com provides no warranty as to the suitability of the contents of the website, or any part thereof, for any particular purpose. The entire content of the site is provided as is and cruisingjournal.com, despite constant and careful commitment, does not guarantee as to the accuracy or exclusive nature of the contents of the website.
Except, as set forth above, your use of the website is at your sole risk: the reviews or comments posted on cruisingjournal.com are, in fact, personal and highly subjective opinions. The opinions expressed in the reviews or on the forum are those of the registered members of cruisingjournal.com and not of cruisingjournal.com itself.
cruisingjournal.com does not endorse any opinion expressed by reviewers.
By registering to this website, you thereby indemnify cruisingjournal.com from any claims, which may be made in relation to your reviews or published comments, relieving cruisingjournal.com of any action (extrajudicial or judicial, civil, criminal or administrative) related to your publications.
4) CHANGES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
cruisingjournal.com may change, integrate or annul these Terms & Conditions or any part of them at any time at their sole discretion should it be considered necessary for legal or technical reasons, or even as a consequence of changes to the services offered and/or to the layout of the Website. cruisingjournal.com will inform users of these changes with appropriate notice. Following said notification, you explicitly agree to be bound by these Terms, as amended.
cruisingjournal.com can change, suspend or cease at any time any service offered, including the availability of any or all content, database or article.
5) LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND NEWSLETTER
The Website may contain links to third party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of cruisingjournal.com and cruisingjournal.com assumes no responsibility for the contents of these websites. The linked sites are owned and managed by vendors or independent service providers and therefore cruisingjournal.com cannot guarantee that you will be satisfied with their products, services, or business methods. Therefore, you should undertake all investigations that you deem necessary before starting any transaction with these parties.
Please note that upon registration, it will be possible to give specific consent to receive a periodic Newsletter – either through the website or third party partners of the website itself – that contains news, information and initiatives, which may contain promotional content related to the topics dealt with on the site.
Each registered member has the right to unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time by sending a request to the website manager.
To unsubscribe to the Newsletter, send an email to email@example.com.
6) GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Website (excluding links to third party websites), is controlled by and exclusively managed by cruisingjournal.com. By accessing the Site, using or posting on it, you and cruisingjournal.com expressly agree that all disputes, legal actions, or other matters arising or related to your use of this site will be subject to Italian law without any application of the principles of private international law as provided for. You further agree that any claim against cruisingjournal.com arising from or related to the use of this Website must be heard and resolved exclusively in the Court of Siena, Italy.