Terms and Conditions
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small digital files that are stored on a User’s computer. Cookies identify your computer rather than you as an individual user and are used for various purposes.
When you visit the Website, we register the IP address and browser settings of your computer. The IP address is the numerical address of the computer used to visit the Website. Your browser settings may include the type of browser you use, the browser language and the time zone. We collect this information so that we can trace the computer used in case of misuse or unlawful actions in connection with visits to or use of the Website. In addition, we use the IP address to roughly identify your location (at a city level).
What types of cookies do we use?
Cookies are small text files that the Website you’re visiting embeds in the hard drive of your computer, tablet or smartphone. Cookies contain information that the Website uses to facilitate communication between you and your web browser. Cookies identify your computer rather than you as an individual user.
We use session cookies and persistent cookies and technologies similar to session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary fragments of information that are not retained when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies are permanent fragments of information that are stored and remain on your computer until they are deleted. Persistent cookies delete themselves after a certain period of time but until then they are accessed each time you visit the Website.
We use technologies similar to session cookies and persistent cookies to store and access information in the browser or device that use local drives and memory, for example, HTML5 cookies, Flash and other methods. These technologies can work on all your browsers. In some cases, the use of these technologies cannot be controlled through the browser but rather it requires special tools. We use these technologies to store information in order to guarantee the quality of the reviews and to identify any irregularities in the use of the Website.
How are cookies used?
- Generate statistics
Measure traffic on the Website including, for example, the number of visits to the Website, the domain of origin of the visitors, the pages that have been visited, and identify which global geographical areas visitors are coming from.
- Monitor the performance of the Website and your use of our Website
Monitor the performance of the Website, our applications and widgets, and identify how you use our Website, our applications and widgets.
- Authentication and improved Website functionality
Optimize your experience with the Website, which includes remembering your username and password when you return to the Website and remembering information about your browser and your preferences (e.g. your language preference).
- Connect to Social Networks
We offer you the option to connect to Social Networks, including, for example, Facebook.
Guarantee the quality of the reviews and avoid any abuse or irregularities in connection with writing reviews and the use of the Website.
- Targeted advertising
- Facebook (Cookies are set by Facebook only if you interact with the Facebook plugin or if you have already logged into Facebook when you use our Website): for the purposes of connecting and integrating with Facebook.
- Twitter (Cookies are set by Twitter only if you interact with the Twitter plugin or if you have already logged into Twitter when you use our Website): for the purposes of connecting and integrating with Twitter.
- Google+ (Cookies are set by Google only if you interact with the Google+ plugin or if you have already logged into Google when using our Website): for the purposes of connecting with Google+.
- Google AdSense: to show relevant advertisements, see above.
Most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) are configured to accept, check or disable cookies through settings.
We must remind you, however, that if you disable or do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconveniences while using the Website and you may not have access to all the features of the Website.
If you do not want to receive Google Analytics cookies (the main tool for analyzing website access flows), access the Google Tools Menu.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By using this website, you expressly agree and warrant, that your use of the website will be fully compliant with the Conditions set out below and that you will not violate the rights of any other person nor contravene applicable laws.
Furthermore, you expressly agree to release cruisingjournal.com from any or all responsibilities against any person arising from your inappropriate use of the Website that does not comply with these Terms.
You certify to be thirteen years of age or older and that you are legally capable of using this Website in full compliance with all the Conditions set forth herein.
1) USE OF THE SITE: Access to the Site is subject to registration (or an anonymous registration) and all contents can be used freely; the aforementioned registration guarantees that the users can publish their own reviews and participate in the forum, as well as use optional tools to manage their own personal experiences.
2) SENDING REVIEWS
cruisingjournal.com is pleased to receive feedbacks from our travelers and we appreciate their contribution to the portal. In the same way, we also want our website to be a reliable source for our community.
To help us with this goal and to get your review published, please ensure that your reviews are always:
- a) Suitable for all possible users: com will not publish and it will delete reviews written in offensive or inappropriate language. The same applies to those reviews that contain sexual content, hate speech, bias, threats, and personal insults. Please write comments that are suitable for everyone.
- b) Helpful to travelers: Write reviews that are relevant and helpful to travelers. Keep in mind that those reading your review want to know what kind of experience to expect from the cruise. For this reason, do not include personal insults, attempts to discredit a Company and/or the services they offer as well as personal opinions about politics, ethics, religion, or other social issues.
cruisingjournal.com does not accept reviews that promote intolerance to people or groups of people based on race, sex, religion, sexual preference, or nationality.
- c) Non-commercial: By sending a review, you accept and declare that you are not in any way affiliated with the company being reviewed and that you do not have a work relationship with it.
The reviews serve to offer advice to other travelers and not to promote services or businesses. Do not include commercial or promotional contents of any kind. Reviews offered in exchange for personal benefits, such as gifts, services or money, will be removed. cruisingjournal.com reserves the right to reject specific contents for any reason. We do not accept reviews that contain links to external websites, except those belonging personally to our users and containing photographic contents that will complete and implement the reviews inserted.
- d) Respectful of privacy: We respect the right to privacy of the users and businesses present on the portal. We want to remind you not to disclose any personal data or that of others, for example access codes or passwords of any kind. Reviews that include personal financial information, such as credit card numbers, loyalty rewards codes, or other financial information will be removed. This rule applies to both the data of the reviewer and the data of third parties.
- e) Firsthand experiences: By submitting a review you acknowledge that com only accepts reviews that regard direct and firsthand experiences and that it does not accept reviews written in exchange for payment or incentives of any kind.
By registering to this website, you agree that your review will be subject to the unconditioned validation of cruisingjournal.com, which reserves the right to publish, remove, or edit the text without changing its meaning.
2.2. REVIEWS OR FRAUDULENT COMMENTS
Any attempt to mislead the travelers or to assume identities other than one’s own will be considered a fraudulent act and subject to penalties.
The following activities, provided only by way of example and not in any way exhaustive, will be considered fraudulent:
- Writing a review for a business or property that one owns, manages or shares financial interest in.
- Contacting any optimization company, marketing organization or third party to submit reviews.
- Pretending to be a guest.
- Offering incentives such as discounts, room upgrades or any other special treatments in exchange for reviews.
- Asking friends or relatives to write positive reviews.
- Sending reviews on behalf of guests.
- Copying content from comment cards and submitting them as traveler reviews.
- Selectively soliciting reviews by e-mail, surveys or other means, only from guests who have had a positive experience.
- Pressuring travelers to remove a negative review.
- Prohibiting or discouraging guests from posting negative or critical reviews about their experience.
2.3 COMMENTS, MESSAGES AND CHATS IN THE FORUM
cruisingjournal.com allows its registered users to post or submit comments, as well as post messages or use other means of communication in the chat room or forum. The user expressly agrees to use these designated areas exclusively to send Messages, pertaining to the topic being discussed, at the same terms and conditions as for the publication of the reviews. cruisingjournal.com can check the edition of all Messages published on the Forum, including those present in all the chat rooms and it shall not in any case take responsibility for such User Messages. cruisingjournal.com reserves the right to delete, at its sole discretion, without notice, User Messages and/or Contents of the Website.
As for the reviews, cruisingjournal.com reserves the right to change the content of the following list at any time, at its own discretion, as well as to investigate and take appropriate legal action against those who violate these provisions. Included, only by way of example, is the removal of an offensive expression and the termination of the user’s right to use the Website. The list includes User Messages that:
- are clearly offensive to the community, for example, comments that promote racism, fanaticism, hatred or even physical violence against any group or individual;
- harass or encourage the harassment of any person;
- forward commercial advertisement, unsolicited e-mails or “spamming”;
- contain abusive or defamatory content;
- contain information that the user knows to be false, misleading, or that promotes illegal activities or abusive, threatening or obscene conduct;
- provide instructions relating to illegal activities including, for example, the manufacture or illegal sale of weapons, the violation of the right to privacy of others, or the creation of computer viruses;
- constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise would be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party in any country in the world;
- constitute a commercial and/or sales activity without our prior written consent, such as tenders, lotteries, exchanges, advertising, and pyramid sales.
2.4. REPORTING INAPPROPRIATE REVIEWS OR MESSAGES:
If you suspect a review is fraudulent or does not comply with the above Terms & Conditions related to its publication, use the “Report a review” function found at the end of each review. Report only reviews that violate the Terms. Do not report a review just because you do not approve its content or you do not like it. cruisingjournal.com does not intervene in case of disputes regarding specific factual issues between businesses and clients, as there are no specific procedures that can establish who is right about a given service being offered.
3) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
cruisingjournal.com provides no warranty as to the suitability of the contents of the website, or any part thereof, for any particular purpose. The entire content of the site is provided as is and cruisingjournal.com, despite constant and careful commitment, does not guarantee as to the accuracy or exclusive nature of the contents of the website.
Except, as set forth above, your use of the website is at your sole risk: the reviews or comments posted on cruisingjournal.com are, in fact, personal and highly subjective opinions. The opinions expressed in the reviews or on the forum are those of the registered members of cruisingjournal.com and not of cruisingjournal.com itself.
cruisingjournal.com does not endorse any opinion expressed by reviewers.
By registering to this website, you thereby indemnify cruisingjournal.com from any claims, which may be made in relation to your reviews or published comments, relieving cruisingjournal.com of any action (extrajudicial or judicial, civil, criminal or administrative) related to your publications.
4) CHANGES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
cruisingjournal.com may change, integrate or annul these Terms & Conditions or any part of them at any time at their sole discretion should it be considered necessary for legal or technical reasons, or even as a consequence of changes to the services offered and/or to the layout of the Website. cruisingjournal.com will inform users of these changes with appropriate notice. Following said notification, you explicitly agree to be bound by these Terms, as amended.
cruisingjournal.com can change, suspend or cease at any time any service offered, including the availability of any or all content, database or article.
5) LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND NEWSLETTER
The Website may contain links to third party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of cruisingjournal.com and cruisingjournal.com assumes no responsibility for the contents of these websites. The linked sites are owned and managed by vendors or independent service providers and therefore cruisingjournal.com cannot guarantee that you will be satisfied with their products, services, or business methods. Therefore, you should undertake all investigations that you deem necessary before starting any transaction with these parties.
Please note that upon registration, it will be possible to give specific consent to receive a periodic Newsletter – either through the website or third party partners of the website itself – that contains news, information and initiatives, which may contain promotional content related to the topics dealt with on the site.
Each registered member has the right to unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time by sending a request to the website manager.
To unsubscribe to the Newsletter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Website (excluding links to third party websites), is controlled by and exclusively managed by cruisingjournal.com. By accessing the Site, using or posting on it, you and cruisingjournal.com expressly agree that all disputes, legal actions, or other matters arising or related to your use of this site will be subject to Italian law without any application of the principles of private international law as provided for. You further agree that any claim against cruisingjournal.com arising from or related to the use of this Website must be heard and resolved exclusively in the Court of Siena, Italy.
Information pursuant to Art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and Articles 13 and 14 of EU Regulation no. 2016/679 (GDPR)
This page describes the management methods of the website, www.cruisingjournal.com, concerning the processing of personal data of the Users that register to or visit the site.
The information provided is pursuant to current personal data protection legislation and changes to this informative report may be introduced in the future to ensure constant compliance with all applicable law, in the event of any changes and/or updates.
We invite Users to carefully read the regulations that we apply to the collection and processing of personal data and which will enable us to continue to provide a satisfactory service.
Users must provide truthful, accurate, and up-to-date personal data, assume responsibility for any third-party Personal Data collected, published or shared, and confirm that they have the third-party’s consent to disclose or share this information, freeing the Controller from any liability towards third parties.
Users acknowledge that in the event that untruthful, inaccurate or outdated data has been provided, the Controller will be unable to provide its services.
Following registration to this website, the personal data of an identified or identifiable person may be processed. The “controller” processing their data is cruisingjournal.com, which can be contacted at the following email address email@example.com or by telephone at +393356087554.
DATA PROCESSING LOCATION
Data processing will take place at the operating offices of the Data Controller cruisingjournal.com.
PROVISION OF DATA AND REFUSAL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUEST
The provision of data is non-mandatory and the choice to do so is entrusted to the person who wants to register to the portal set up by the CONTROLLER. Failure to provide the data requested when registering with the website implies the impossibility to follow up with the registration and subsequent use of the services.
The personal data of our Users is collected as follows:
Freely provided by our Users when using this application:
– by compiling the registration format on the Website. This includes personal information such as name, surname, and e-mail address, which are necessary in order to use the services offered by the site.
– when creating a Personal Profile, visible to any user registered with Cruisingjournal.com, and where the following data may be present, fully visible and accessible: Date of birth, Sex, Province of residence (should this information be inserted at the time of registration or at a later date), as well as all additional data subsequently inserted. In this way, it is agreed upon that your user name will be made public and visible to all other users, registered or not, as the author of any future content that you choose to submit (reviews, messages, etc.)
– by means of the computer systems and software procedures used to operate the Website during normal operations when following Internet communication protocols. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of computers used by persons who log on to the site, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of requested resources, the time of request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply provided by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters regarding the user’s operating system and web environment. This data is used solely to compile anonymous statistics on the use of the site and to verify its correct operation. The data could be used to ascertain responsibility in case of hypothetical computer crimes against the Website.
– From the Website by means of cookies, which can include an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to the browser by a web server and subsequently stored on the hard drive of the User’s computer. Cookies are then reread and recognized by the website that sent them at the time of subsequent visits. Any data obtained from cookies is used directly by the Controller or by third party business partners, in order to ensure a simpler, immediate and quicker access to the Website and use of the Services, and an easier navigation on the Website itself by the User.
– The User can interrupt reception of this Website’s cookies at any time by changing the settings of their browser.
The personal data collected, including any images supplied by the interested party, is considered the subject of the processing and is directly processed and used for the purposes indicated below:
1) manage and allow access to the services offered by the site;
If the interested party provides appropriate and specific consent, the data collected can be processed for purposes of the Newsletter, by third party business partners as well.
2) use of the data for communications via e-mail, telephone or SMS relating to programs and services offered by the website (optional consent);
3) comply with legal obligations or current regulations;
4) collection, storage and processing of data to obtain anonymous and/or aggregated statistical analysis (optional consent);
5) Cruisingjournal.com sends informative and promotional material via email regarding products or services that are similar or comparable to the services or products offered on the Website (optional consent).
Failure to provide personal data for the purposes referred to in point 1, implies that the User cannot register to the Website and consequently cannot make use of the services offered on the site.
The Data Controller undertakes to ensure that the personal data in its custody and control will not be disclosed and will be processed in ways that guarantee security and confidentiality, and will also prevent unauthorized access to the data, in compliance with the applicable legislation.
Personal data and information provided by users may be disclosed, for the purposes mentioned above, to the following categories of subjects:
– employees and/or collaborators who provide assistance and advice to the Data Controller inherent to Administration, Product, Legal, Customer Care, and IT Systems areas, as well as those in charge of maintenance of the company network , hardware and software currently in use;
– individuals who are authorized both by law and by order of the authorities to access the data;
– subjects delegated and/or appointed by the Controller to carry out the activities related to the provision of the Service.
LEGAL BASIS FOR HANDLING PERSONAL DATA
The Data Controller can handle Personal Data pertaining to the User if one of the following conditions has been met:
– the User has given consent for one or more specific purposes; N.B.: in some jurisdictions the Controller may be authorized to process Personal Data without the User’s consent or any other of the legal bases specified below, until the User does not object (“opt-out”) to this handling of personal data. However, this is not applicable if the processing of Personal Data is regulated by European legislation regarding the protection of Personal Data;
– the data processed is necessary for the execution of a contract with the User and/or the execution of pre-contractual measures;
– data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which the Controller is subject to;
– data processing is necessary for the execution of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of the official authority by which the Controller is vested;
– data processing is necessary in order to continue the legitimate interests of the Controller or third-parties.
In any case, it is always possible to ask the Controller to clarify the concrete legal basis for each data processing and in particular to specify whether the treatment is based on the law, provided for by a contract, or deemed necessary to conclude a contract.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
At any time, the User can exercise, pursuant to Art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and Articles 15 to 22 of EU Regulation no. 2016/679, the right to:
- a) request confirmation of the existence or otherwise of one’s own personal data;
- b) obtain an indication of processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be notified and, whenever possible, the retention period of this data;
- c) obtain the correction and deletion of data;
- d) obtain a limitation on data processing;
- e) obtain data portability, that is, receive the personal data concerning oneself from a Data Controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another Controller without hindrance;
- f) object to the processing of one’s data at any time, including any processing for direct marketing purposes;
- g) object to an automated decision-making process concerning individuals, including profiling;
- h) request from the Data Controller access to and rectification or deletion of one’s own personal data or the restriction of processing the data concerning the data subject or to object to the processing, as well as the right to data portability;
- i) withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of any processing based on consent given prior to the revocation;
- j) make a complaint to a supervisory authority.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
To exercise User’s rights, Users can direct a request to the operating offices of the Controller or to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The requests are filed for free and processed by the Data Controller as soon as possible, and in any case within one month.
The personal data of the interested parties will be kept for the time necessary for the fulfillment of the relationships between the parties.
– Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Data Controller and the data subject will be retained until the performance of such contract is completed;
– Personal Data collected for purposes related to the legitimate interest of the Data Controller will be retained until such interest is met. The User can obtain further information regarding the legitimate interest pursued by the Controller in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Data Controller.
When the processing is based on the User’s consent, the Data Controller may retain the Personal Data for a longer period until such consent is revoked (and in any case for a maximum of 10 years). Furthermore, the Data Controller may be obliged to keep Personal Data for a longer period in compliance with a legal obligation or by order of an authority.
At the end of the retention period, Personal Data will be deleted.
Therefore, once the retention period has expired, the right to access, erasure, rectification, and the right to data portability can no longer be exercised.
FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING DATA PROCESSING
The User’s Personal Data may be used by the Data Controller in its defense in Court or in the preparatory stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related services.
The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any potential third-party services used by it may collect System Logs, that is, files that record interactions with this application and may contain Personal Data, such as User IP address.
Information not contained in this policy
Further information concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time using the contact information set out above.