Ponant presents Le Commandant Charcot
Le Commandant Charcot is the first hybrid-electric polar exploration ship to use liquified natural gas and is the new flagship of Ponant, the world leader of expedition cruises using luxury ships.
This innovative ship was designed with the highest attention to detail in terms of safety and respect for the environment and will take its guests to some of the most remote corners of the of the southern and northern hemisphere in an elegant and luxurious setting.
Le Commandant Charcot will offer to all the travelers on board its cruises an “all inclusive” experience. In fact, all meals, everything from the bar, taxes and access to the sauna and steam room, the 24 hour in room service, the butler service but only in the accommodations where it is foreseen, excursions and unlimited Wi-Fi.
The new flagship owes its name to Jean Baptiste Charcot, The Gentleman of the Poles: French explorer, doctor and navigator who dedicated his life to studying the polar regions and led two exploratory expeditions in Antarctica.
Le Commandant Charcot can accommodate up to 270 guests in 135 cabins and suites. Guests will find at their disposal: two restaurants, a spa, a bar, an observatory to enjoy the marvelous panorams, ample outdoor spaces and a winder garden.
Each of the common areas was designed to convey French luxury style and inspire wonder and amazement.
Among the new itineraries offered for the 2021/2022 season are the following:
- The Geographic North Pole: departing August 8 for 15 nights from Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen;
- The Emperor Penguins of Bellingshausen Sea: departing October 31 for 18 nights from Ushuaia;
- Total Eclipse in the Weddell Sea: departing November 29 for 14 nights from Ushuaia;
- The Weddell Sea & Larsen Ice Shelf: departing December 27 for 11 nights from Ushuaia;
- The Ross Sea: departing February 15 for 24 nights from Ushuaia;
- The Weddell Sea & the South Sandwich Islands: departing April 4 for 17 nights from Ushuaia;
A wide range of excursions and on-board activities will also be available for all guests, including kayaking, swimming in arctic waters, use of Zodiac dinghies.